Monday, November 01, 2004

Republican Database Stolen in Florida

A reader tells me that a report on radio 104.7 (FM) that a computer in New Port Richey, Florida has been stolen containing database of all registered Republicans in the county.

That happens to be the same office I volunteer in so I'm taking personally and looking into it.

UPDATE: Here is the story...

Election Eve headache
The records could be used for harmful means.
The Pasco Republican headquarters in New Port Richey is scrambling to get ready for Tuesday's election after an important computer was stolen.

"When I opened the door this morning, it was unlocked and when I walked in, my eyes hit the open space by the window, and I immediately knew the computer and all was gone," said Pasco GOP headquarters worker Naomi Miller.

The stolen computer contained a database with records of every Republican voter in the county.

"If it got into the wrong hands, its got a database on it," said Pasco Republican Chairman Bill Bunting. "It's critical for us around the county and I'm very concerned."

more